Sunday, March 1, 2015

Almost 11 weeks post surgery

My foot is getting better. I am still walking with a limp but my foot isn't that sore, my big toe just isn't strong enough to push off with. I've been out of the boot for 3 weeks and am able to do low impact exercises so I'm being using the elliptical 3-4 times a week. I really want to run but know my foot isn't ready for that yet. I hope I get to run again. I keep telling myself that "where there's a will there's a way."  

The incision is healing nicely but there is a blister on it and is very painful to walk on. The pressure on top of my foot looks way worse than the incision sadly. 
I still am buddy wrapping my big toe and first toe together to help the big toe to heal in the right place. 
The ouchie blister

6 comments:

  1. My daughter is thinking about this surgery- how did it all turn out for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter is thinking about this surgery- how did it all turn out for you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking about having the surgery, too. How are things going for you? How is your pain level? Were you able to get back to running?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You wore the shoe boot for 8 weeks???

    Did you start physical therapy at 6 weeks?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had the surgery today and I pray that it works. I had my left foot fibular removed. It's been in pain for almost three years and after 2 cort shots with physical therapy my Dr finally ordered the MRI. Turns out the sesamoid had arthritis due the trauma that caused my first visit. I'm actually on the couch now trying to find some good info. My foot started bleeding through the bandage about 2 hours ago because I stood to long when I went to go pee. How are you doing now? Any advice?
    Thadcarter@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am 3 weeks out from fibular sesoidectomy and tibial rnail removal.
    I am out of my boot and walking well.
    My insisision is a little sore on the bottom of my foot right where the bone was taken but the rest feels great.
    The relief from the busted sesimoid is unbelievable.
    I am very athletic and was inconstant pain.
    When the surgeon took the sesimoid out it was in 9 peices. I am so thankful to have it out!!!
    So st this point I feel it was the best thing I could do.

    ReplyDelete